Instagram is currently increasingly popular and popular, especially among the millennial generation. This social media which is the same parent as Facebook continues to present various kinds of features to please its users. For those who often make videos in their stories, of course, they often rely on various kinds of filters or features to make it look more attractive and aesthetically pleasing. However, you must often be confused if the video you upload becomes blurry or breaks, cuts the video duration because the result will be cut off, and so on? Must be annoying, right?! Well, here is the ultimate Instagram video guide that will help you.
Instagram Video Dimension and Size for Instagram Stories
Videos that are blurred or broken when uploaded to Instagram stories are a technical problem that annoys users. That’s because Instagram has its own video compression system that they apply when you upload it to Instastory. The goal is to save bandwidth and storage space. Therefore, if the video quality you upload is high, it will be automatically compressed by Instagram.
Even though currently there are various photo and video editing applications on smartphones, not a few Instagram users and also content creators choose to edit images and videos via a computer or desktop for maximum results.
Even if you edit photos or videos using other devices, to be able to get optimal results you still have to follow the standard rules from Instagram. That way photos and videos uploaded are not cut or broken. There are several Instagram video tips that you can follow so that the videos you upload don’t blur, so you don’t have to work twice.
But this can be overcome by following the Instagram video tips below.
1. Know Instagram Video Criteria
You must first know what video formats and specifications are right before uploading them to the Instagram story. The best video format for Instagram is MP4, and has the following specifications:
- 500 kbps bitrates for video size
- The maximum duration of Instagram videos is 60 seconds
- Frame rate 30 fps ( frames per second )
- The maximum file size is 15 MB
- Instagram video dimension 4: 5 (864 x 1080 pixels)
So that the video you want to upload is in accordance with the provisions of Instagram, it’s better to edit it first on your laptop or desktop. You can also use the sizes above if you want to make videos on Instagram TV (IGTV). However, you also need to adjust to the type of video.
2. Transfer via Google Drive or Apple Airdrop in advance
So that the video resolution doesn’t blur when you upload it to the Instagram story, it’s a good idea to transfer it to Google Drive or Apple Airdrop first. That way you can immediately adjust it to Instagram’s criteria.
The way Instagram works is not like WhatsApp, where if you send or share a video via WhatsApp, the video is automatically compressed to a low resolution. That’s why the videos you see on Whatsapp don’t break or blur
3. Record Video with Good Quality Camera
Use a camera with good or HD quality to record videos before uploading them on the Instagram story, so the quality is blurry or broken.
4. Set Phone Camera Settings
If your smartphone camera is qualified to produce good photos or videos, you just have to adjust the camera quality settings to be the best resolution.
5. Check Internet Connection
The Internet connection can also interfere with the quality of Instagram videos when uploading, especially if using a Wifi connection. Therefore, check whether the internet connection is stable or not, so it doesn’t interfere with the video quality.
Best Instagram Video Dimensions and Sizes
Following are the right Instagram video dimensions and sizes for you to post on your Instagram timeline.
- Instagram Stories: 9:16 aspect ratio with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- Horizontal or Landscape video: The aspect ratio is between 1.91: 1 and 16: 9 with a resolution of 1080 x 607 pixels.
- IGTV video: IGTV videos can be vertical and horizontal. The maximum ratio for vertical IGTV video is 9:16 and the minimum is 4: 5 with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The maximum ratio for horizontal IGTV videos is 16: 9 and the minimum is 5: 4 with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Square video: 1: 1 aspect ratio with a resolution of 1080 x 1080 pixels. The allowed video length is 2 to 60 seconds.
- Instagram Live: Aspect ratio 9:16 with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
Maximum Duration of Videos on Instagram
This Instagram video tip is about finding out what is the maximum duration for uploading videos on Instastory. If it’s only about uploading videos to Instagram, anyone can do it. However, the problem is that Instagram limits the duration of videos to be shown on their stories to no more than 1 minute.
Then what if you want to upload videos to Instagram for more than 1 minute? It’s easy because Instagram itself provides a multiple post feature. The method is like this:
- Open Instagram, select the + sign in the middle of the bottom menu on the mobile.
- Then find the video you want to upload
- If you want to upload more than one video in the same post, select multiple posts at the bottom right.
- Then select ‘next’ in the top right corner.
- Next, select or add filters to your liking into the video.
- Next, you are directed to fill in the caption or add a hashtag in the video.
- You can also add other options such as tagging other people or entering a location.
- When finished, press ‘share’ in the top right corner of your smartphone screen.
Another way is that you can use additional applications such as Inshot or Video Converter Android.
Applications for Downloading Videos from Instagram
The number of interesting videos uploaded by Instagram users makes you interested in downloading them; whether it’s used for wallpaper, for your desktop background, or for uploading to an Instagram story. However, unfortunately, Instagram does not provide a feature for downloading videos. So, inevitably you have to use third-party applications.
In addition, because Instagram had stated that, they still wanted to respect the originality or privacy of people’s works. It’s not wrong, because whatever photo or video is uploaded is a form of work. If you still want to download it, there are currently many various kinds of applications that you can use to download videos on Instagram. Below we have recommended several applications for downloading videos from Instagram.
1. Video Downloader for Instagram
Available on Playstore; this is the standard application for downloading videos on Instagram and not a lot of annoying ads. To download videos via this application, the method is enough to just copy and paste the link from the desired Instagram content. Then, the video will download immediately.
2. IGTV Videos Downloader
Surely you know the Instagram feature called IGTV?! Well, here you will find lots of creative and cool videos. If you want to download it, you can use this application; it is also available on Playstore. The method is still the same, namely, you need a link from the IGTV content that you want to download.
How to create Instagram video the most easy way?
The most easy way to create stunning and professional looking videos videos for your Instagram page, is with a little bit of help of the right software.
You can use software like PlaceIt, or a video editor like Create Studio. With Create Studio, you just choose the right dimensions, put in your video and add the elements you want. And within a few minutes you have produced a cool video.